Family Satisfaction survey
Take the Family Satisfaction Survey
How is our school doing? Are we welcoming and inviting? Do we have high expectations? Does your child feel safe at school?
Please let us know by completing a simple survey of our school’s climate and connectedness. The results of this survey help us gauge how we’re doing as a school and as a district. Results also help measure progress toward our Destination 2020 parent satisfaction and student safety goals. Our goals and areas of focus are based on your responses, so it’s important to us that you complete this survey. We appreciate your time and consideration.
Please complete the survey between February 8 – February 26, 2016. Schools may also be administering surveys based on their individual environments. Some examples of ways it may be administered include parent-teacher conferences in February, family nights, online through website or email, etc. Online survey links will be available February 8 – February 26, 2016. Please contact the school if you need assistance accessing the online survey.
You are cordially invited to join the judging team for the 2016 Science Fair at Airport Heights Elementary School.
We are very excited to have you join us! Please take a moment to read over the details of Judging Day. Then, please drop us an e-mail letting us know if you will be able to attend.
Date: March 10, 2016
Place: Airport Heights Elementary School
Job Duties: Judge K-6 grade science fair projects using a provided rubric and interview students about their projects.
Perks: Breakfast snacks and coffee
Provide valuable feedback to future scientist!
Thanks so much!
Dream Big Saturday this weekend.
Join us at the school from 12-2pm.
Here’s what we have planned:
- Continuing meeting of the Parent Dreamer’s Group. We will be focusing on parent communication in support of a strong PTA
- Dream Big Family Math and Science
- Science Fair Project Help Workshop
- Wildlife Exploration Table
- Snap Circuit Table
- Lava Bottle Project
- Lego Challenge!
- Alaska Center for the Environment table
- KCC Aviation Program table
- and more….
Everyone is invited for a great day of Science and Math exploration.
Snacks will be served.
2016 Climate and Connectedness Student Survey – Grades 3 – 12 only
The 2016 Climate and Connectedness Student Survey is being administered to provide schools with information about perceptions and experiences related to school climate and student connectedness for use in setting school goals and resources.
This is an annual survey implemented and analyzed by the ASD Assessment and Evaluation department with assistance of the American Institutes of Research. The survey will be taken February 8 – February 26, 2016.
This survey does not require parental permission and is administered to students in grades 3 – 12. If parents would like to request that their student does not complete this survey, please contact your student’s school. This message serves as a notice to parents about this upcoming survey.
Please follow or type this link to review a copy of the survey: http://www.asdk12.org/ae/surveys/climateandconnectedness/
Our renovation is continuing and there are some changes at Airport Heights for the 2nd semester.
All primary classrooms have been moved to the newly renovated wing.
Please take note of new traffic patterns for student drop-off and pick-up.
- Buses will move to the front of the school on Alder Street.
- The Parent Drop-off/Pick-up lane is extended with a new entrance at 15th and Alder
- 16th Avenue will not be a good pick up area for students– the entire south wing is under construction.
Thanks for your patience during our renovation. Our first priority is safety. Please let us know about any problems or concerns that you have.
School is Closed Today 11.9.2015– Due to poor rad conditions.
The renovation is continuing at a fast and furious pace. We are scheduled to phase into the “new” section of the building in mid-December.
- Finishing work is moving forward in the newly renovated wing
- Exterior tile work is underway
- The concrete floors have been poured on the new addition.
- New air handling units are being installed and configured
2nd Semester Phasing–
- Lifeskills classroom move to their permanent new classrooms
- K-2, PE classrooms move to temporary location in the newly renovated intermediate wing
- Speech & Psychologist move to new rooms
- Campfire moves to new wing/ sharing space with PE
- Parent pick-up/ drop off loop extends to entry on 15th and Alder
- Additional parking opens on north side of building
- 3-6 grade, Art/Health, Music, ELL, Title VII remain in relos
- Expect changes to traffic pattern
Here are some pictures of the current work: