- No upcoming events
- Dream Big Saturday- Today! | Airport Heights Elementary School on Dream Big this Saturday!
- UgaVic on The Birch Sap is Running! The Birch Sap is Running!
- Sarah Smith on The Birch Sap is Running! The Birch Sap is Running!
- In search of something fresh (spoiler: I found it!) | GretchenLovesAnchorage on Airport Heights Elementary Teams with Table 6 and M. A.’s Gourmet Dogs on Topping Tuesday
- Airport Heights Elementary Teams with Table 6 and M. A.’s Gourmet Dogs on Topping Tuesday | Airport Heights Elementary School on Dream Big!
Category Archives: Garden Club
The Airport Heights Hydroponic Basil Project is featured on “All Around ASD.” Check it out.
Tomato Starts for Sale! Ms. Becker’s 6th grade class is selling tomato starts we have grown from seed. Varieties include Northern Delight, Subarctic-25, Grower’s Gold, Glacier, and the heirloom Abe Lincoln. $5 each. Stop by the school … Continue reading
Update: You can see the segment on Alaska Bites. Thanks to Channel 2 News for coming out to the school yesterday to report on our 6th Grade Hydroponics Project and our partnership with Table 6 Restaurant in Anchorage. This a … Continue reading
While our students and staff were on break over the last two weeks, our hydroponic garden was still at work and the basil looks terrific! The seeds were started back in September and now we’re ready to use some of … Continue reading
The Garden Club went from harvesting vegetables last week, to discovering more about plant structures and seeds this week. The kids pulled apart flowers and made some drawings of what they saw:
Mrs. Jasper’s 2nd grade and Mr. Simpson’s 4th/5th grade classes harvested vegetables from the Airport Heights school garden. Ms. Becker’s 6th grade class helped their 2nd grade buddies weigh our donation to Bean’s Cafe: 19 pounds of potatoes and 15 … Continue reading
The Airport Heights PTA was so thrilled with Ms. Mullenbach’s BP Teacher of Excellence Award, that they decided to get her an apple tree. Since Ms. Mullenbach doesn’t have room for a tree at her home, she gave the tree … Continue reading
We’ve got some left over top soil from our Garden Club activities this Spring. If you need some dirt, help yourself. Free to a good home while it lasts… The dirt is all gone. Thanks.