You can find the November Polar Bear Paws here: polarbearpaws11.24
School is Closed Today 11.9.2015– Due to poor rad conditions.
The renovation is continuing at a fast and furious pace. We are scheduled to phase into the “new” section of the building in mid-December.
- Finishing work is moving forward in the newly renovated wing
- Exterior tile work is underway
- The concrete floors have been poured on the new addition.
- New air handling units are being installed and configured
2nd Semester Phasing–
- Lifeskills classroom move to their permanent new classrooms
- K-2, PE classrooms move to temporary location in the newly renovated intermediate wing
- Speech & Psychologist move to new rooms
- Campfire moves to new wing/ sharing space with PE
- Parent pick-up/ drop off loop extends to entry on 15th and Alder
- Additional parking opens on north side of building
- 3-6 grade, Art/Health, Music, ELL, Title VII remain in relos
- Expect changes to traffic pattern
Here are some pictures of the current work:
Do you like kids? Do you have some time you’d like to use to help your neighborhood school?
Airport Heights is looking for a few dedicated people to supervise our students during lunch and recess at the school.
It’s a 2 1/2 hour commitment per day from 11-1:30. There is some flexibility with time and days of the week.
If you have interest or questions, please contact the school at 742-4550 or you can email me (Mike Webb) at email@example.com
Thanks Everyone! and Dream Big Airport Heights.
Ever wondered why the planets orbit the sun? Jane knows. Judging for the Science Fair is this Friday. You can come see the projects on Saturday, March 21st, 12-2 pm in the library.
Love running and want to inspire kids? We’re looking for a volunteer to coach this season’s Girls on the Run team at Airport Heights.
The Girls on the Run mission is to inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum that creatively integrates running. Girls on the Run is an after school youth development program for girls in the 3–5th grades. The 10 week curriculum innovatively weaves training for a 5K run with lessons that empower girls to celebrate their bodies, honor their voices and embrace their gifts.
Coaches are provided with training, and the season runs Feb. 23 – May 8th. The club meets twice a week. This will be the third season Airport Heights has hosted the program. Contact Krista Rice at 742-4550 for more information. Once we confirm a coach, we’ll let you know about sign-ups!
Students in Ms. Becker’s class recently completed their second books using the “picturing writing” process, an art and literature method developed by Beth Olshansky. This approach accesses both visual and kinesthetic modes of thinking and uses quality picture books as models. Check out the results.
Love to count money? The Airport Heights PTA needs a treasurer! If writing is more your style, we also need a secretary. Come to the meeting on Thursday at 5:30 pm to volunteer. Other topics of discussion will include a presentation on the drainage issue at 16th and Alder and a decision about the school photographer for next year. We also need volunteers for the Winter Fun Night Committee! Please join us.